• Your skin may be swollen or red after your initial treatment so, clients should avoid making social plans on the day of treatment. However, you can use concealer to cover redness but do not apply make-up on the treated area.
• Clients are advised to take a sensitivity patch test prior to treatment. For more details check out the T & C page.
• Take Aspirin, ibuprofen, or Coumadin 2 days before and 2 days after the treatment for all SPMU treatments.
• Do not drink alcohol the night before your treatment for all SPMU treatments.
• If you have flu or cold, please reschedule your appointment.
• Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
• Wear eyelash extensions before or at least 3 weeks after your eyeliner tattoo.
• Wear contact lenses during or immediately following the eyeliner treatment.
• Bleach your lips for lip tattoo or lip wax a week before and after treatment.
• Get lip fillers or lip tattoo at least 4 weeks before & after your appointment.
*Note: If you have a history of cold sores (herpes simplex), you are advised to contact your doctor to obtain the proper prescription medication in order to prevent outbreaks. Lip blush tattoo do not cause cold sores, but if you carry the virus, it lays dormant in the body and can be aroused by the treatment.
• Do not pick, rub or force the scabs to come off as the colour may heal unevenly and you could be at risk of infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to flake naturally.
• Keep your eyebrow area dry for as long as possible (1 week). Avoid swimming, the sauna and the sun.
• Clean the area with warm running water using a clean cloth or cotton wool. Pat it dry, and apply a thin recover cream.
• Using ice packs will help bring the swelling down as cold will reduces inflammation.
• Avoid make-up on eyebrows until they are fully healed however, using make-up around the eyebrows is fine.
• Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure or for 24 hours after.
• Do not apply eyelash extensions until at least 3 weeks have elapsed.
• Have sunglasses available as eyes may be light sensitive or even dilated immediately after treatment. The sunglasses are also handy for hiding puffy eyes.
• Do not dye, perm, or use eyelash curler for 2 weeks.
• Do not use mascara until outer healing is complete (3-5 days).
• Eyes will be swollen for a few days.
• Because eyes may feel dry or irritated, lubricating refresher drops can be used.
• Reapply ointment on lips or Vaseline as much as possible.
• Lips will peel for a week, allow it to flake off on its own. Picking and pulling off skin that is not ready to come off will cause pigment loss. Further, you can end up pulling out deeper tissue, which will damage your skin. The edges or the lip liner will be the last to fall off. Pulling this off will result in an uneven splotchy line or an indented scar.
• Drink through a straw.
• Choose foods you can place in your mouth with a fork without touching lips.
• Avoid spicy, hot and sour food.
• Avoid kissing at least for a week.